The Apollo Project
Liberal Ideas for the 21st Century
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Two sevens clash.
By Peter


Stephen Tall is responsible for this. Apparently if I don't carry on, then I will have seven years bad luck and all my cattle will die of thirst.

7 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE

1 See my children grow up
2 Fight an election
3 Publish a novel
4 Spend a winter in Salamanca, Grenada or Madrid
5 Learn Czech or Russian
6 Watch every day of a Test Match
7 Walk the Pyrenees from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean

7 THINGS I CANNOT DO

1 Make tea
2 Drink tea
3 Listen to phone-in programmes
4 Watch a game of soccer
5 Enjoy christmas without gaining weight
6 Discuss operations and medical problems
7 Persuade Valerie or James to write something for the blog

7 THINGS THAT ATTRACT ME TO GLOUCESTERSHIRE

1 The Shed
2 Cheltenham Cricket Festival
3 Tewkesbury pubs
4 The Forest of Dean
5 Village cricket
6 Bourton-on-the-Water
7 Odda's Chapel, Deerhurst.

THINGS I OFTEN SAY

1 Yes but
2 ¡Diselo tu!*
3 Aren't you ready for bed yet?
4 I agree with Graham
5 Peter Bray was innocent
6 ¿Qué sé yo?*
7 Is there a hurry?


7 BOOKS THAT I LOVE

1 Moby Dick - Melville
2 Requiem - Tabucchi
3 The Crying of Lot 49 - Pynchon
4 Se una notte d'inverno un viaggiatore - Calvino
5 Hard times - Dickens
6 Heart of Darkness - Conrad
7 La tía Julia y el escribor - Vargas Llosa


7 MOVIES I WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN

1 A Canterbury Tale
2 Passport to Pimlico
3 The Secret Agent
4 Down by law
5 I soliti ignoti
6 Ladri di bicicleta
7 Women on the edge of a nervous breakdown (Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios)


7 PEOPLE I WANT TO JOIN IN TOO

Martin Tod at Resurgent Liberal
Rob Knight at Liberal Review
Mark Salisbury at Mark's World
Joe Otten
Dave Radcliffe at the 3Ps
Simon Mollan at Inner West Central
Stephen Glenn in Linlithgow

*my wife is Spanish.
posted by Peter Pigeon @ 3:52 pm  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Shoutbox

"What is Liberalism?: I should say it means the acknowledgment in practical life of the truth that men are best governed who govern themselves; that the general sense of mankind, if left alone, will make for righteousness; that artificial privileges and restraints upon freedom, so far as they are not required in the interests of the community, are hurtful; and that the laws, while, of course, they cannot equalise conditions, can at least avoid aggravating inequalities, and ought to have for their object the securing to every man the best chance he can have of a good and useful life." C-B.

Aims

The Apollo Project seeks to put together new ideas on policies and campaigning to help broaden the appeal and enhance the impact of the Liberal Democrats.

Email us
liberalism2010@yahoo.co.uk
Links
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER